Mr. Tran Phuong graduated with a Bachelor degree from the Faculty of Banking and Finance at National Economics University in 1996 and graduated with a Master degree in Finance at the University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia in 2003.
Mr. Tran Phuong has started working at Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (BIDV) since 1997. He has been the Director of Board of Management of Equitization Project, Director of Planning & Development Board, Member of BOD of BIDV Securities Company (BSC). From 2012 to present, he has been appointed by the Board of Directors to be the Deputy CEO of BIDV and in charge of IT and professional operations. He is currently Vice Chairman of of Vietnam Aircraft Leasing Company (VALC).
As an active member participating in scientific research activities in banking industry, he has been responsible for many topics of scientific research and IT projects such as:
– IT strategy development of BIDV in the period of 2015-2020 with a vision to 2030.
– BIDV’s Core banking transformation system in the period of 2016-2019.
– Management Information System in the period of 2015-2016.
– Core banking of BIDV in Myanmar in 2016.
– Process and data import software in transforming IT system into BIDV in 2015.
– Digital Banking Development in BIDV in the period of 2016-2020.
He has also participated in many scientific advisory councils and has been invited to be speakers at many scientific and technological events in and outside the country.
Trends driving changes in banking business in the 4th industrial revolution and forecast for Vietnam